Sunday 27 May 2012

My first post...

Welcome to my blog, hello, hello, hello!

Before I begin, I would like to thank a few people who have inspired me and given me the courage to start all this. Firstly my husband to be (only 6 weeks away!) Adam Moore, or Mr Moore as he is known by his students - as he is an art teacher -  full of ideas and always looking for the latest art trend. You have always been encouraging, happy and good - and we really do 'enjoy the little things' which is why I have nabbed this for my little crafty venture title!

Next, Karen Thompson, the amazing ceramic artist, who is in fact using her talented portrait skills at my wedding reception. She will be there, drawing our guests in her very own unique style, and I for one can't wait! She has also been teaching me (with much patience, may I add) how to use clay and porceline to make pretty brooches, whilst we sip tick tock tea and talk about her fabulous exhibitions that are coming up. Take a look at her blog http://karentcouk.blogspot.co.uk/ and thanks again for all your crafty help!

And finally, they might not think they have done anything in particular, but a Mr Dan Whinney and a Miss Sue Wilcock - my lovely VSA colleagues from Scarborough Museums Trust (I really could'nt ask for nicer folks to work with!) who have pushed me gently and given me the courage to start making crafts to sell (hopefully!) Without you I would most probably still be just thinking about it.

So thanks to all of you 'WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!'

More info as to what I'm up to and going on about soon, to most people it won't sound like anything particularly exciting - but its something that will hopefully change things for me in a nice way - and get me crafting and writing on a daily basis - something which I have always dreamt of! Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment