Friday 17 August 2012

French Fancies....

Bonjour!

Well the wedding and all its loveliness is over (sigh!) Thank you cards have been sent out,  the honeymoon has been and gone and all the wedding stuff has been packed away carefully until we decide what to do with it all! What a whirlwind the past couple of months have been, but its quite nice to get back to normal as the new Mr and Mrs Moore....

I'm quite proud of myself this week as I have been busy making for my little tester stall on the 26th August. In fact, so has Adam - he is making some local monoprints which he hopes to turn in to postcards. I have been making a variety of items with some of the gorgeous bits and bobs I found whilst honeymooning in Paris. The flea market at Vanves was a particularly good spot for finding some vintage goodies - old buttons, material, ribbon, badges and stamps - it was all there, I could have spent all day rifling through!

We stayed in a very quirky B & B in Paris, called Une Chambre à Montmartre - Paris.  The room was fantastic, decorated with all sorts of antiques, stripes and lush colours. It was a style that I had never really seen before - the use of old curiosities such as old clock faces stood on miniature plate stands and glass paperweights used simply as decoration. It has inspired me to try and create things that combine the old and the new, and stay away from the obvious ideas of decorating everything with cupcakes and cherries etc! I'll leave you with a few piccies, look out for more posts this weekend....


Clock faces removed from the casing 
Quirky mirrors all placed together




Variety of french combs framed 


No comments:

Post a Comment